Now that we are well into spring, road trip season is nearly upon us, athletes throughout Overland Park are ramping up their activities, and people everywhere are becoming more active as the days get …Read More
Chiropractic Care for Athletes In Leawood
According to Palmer College of Chiropractic, 90 percent of all world-class athletes rely on chiropractic treatments as part of their routine care to prevent injuries and enhance their performance. Athletes, regardless of their age, level, or ability, need every bit of strength, endurance, speed, balance, and flexibility for optimal performance. Additionally, athletes and active individuals are at a greater risk for injury, given the lengths to which they push their bodies. While prescription pain medications may provide temporary relief for pain and other symptoms associated with common sports injuries, they only mask the pain without actually treating the cause of discomfort.
That’s why when injuries occur, many turn to chiropractic care and acupuncture as an effective solution to not only relieve pain, soreness, and stiffness, but to also condition and strengthen the musculoskeletal system to keep the spine and nervous system healthy and functioning properly.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Athletes
Here at Adjust Your Health, we believe there’s nothing more important than your health and wellness, which is why we take a natural approach to healing, injury recovery, corrective care, and preventative care. Here are some of the benefits that professional athletes, weekend warriors, fitness nuts, and other active individuals can gain from receiving regular gentle chiropractic treatments.
- Targets and treats the root cause of your pain and discomfort for efficient healing
- Maintain a healthy posture and spinal alignment
- Reduce stress on sensitive, overworked muscles, joints, and supportive tissues
- Effectively reduces pain without the use of pharmaceuticals
- Restores normal function of joints, muscles, and other tissues
- Quicker, more effective healing times when recovering from injuries
- Strengthens and stabilizes bones, soft tissues, and joints
- Reduces stress on nerves and discs in the spine
- Alleviates muscle and joint tension
- Reduces headaches from head and neck injuries
- Relieves neck and back pain
- Helps with ankle and knee injuries
- Studies show chiropractic care may improve performance
- Prevents against injuries; fewer injuries
- Benefits whole-body health and wellness
Additional Treatments for Athletes
In addition to chiropractic care, therapies like electro-acupuncture (needleless acupuncture) are ideal treatments for athletes of all ages and abilities.
No-needle acupuncture treatments offer an array of benefits for athletes. Electro-acupuncture can:
- Stimulate the body’s natural healing ability
- Relieve pain and discomfort
- Reduce swelling and inflammation
- Relieve sprains/strains
- Reduce muscle tension and tightness
- Alleviate muscle spasms
- Encourage healthy circulation and energy flows for reduced recovery times
- Provide stronger stimulation than traditional needling
- Reduce treatment time
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Treat migraines and headaches
- Relieve arthritis-related symptoms
- Boost the immune system
- Enhance whole-body health
Contact Adjust Your Health
No matter what kind of athlete you are, the Adjust Your Health Chiropractic team is here to help you achieve optimal health, wellness, and performance. Contact us today to learn more about our chiropractic care and acupuncture treatments for athletes. From knee injury treatment to corrective chiropractic care and wellness care, we offer a range of patient-driven treatments that are customized to meet your specific needs and health goals. Let us help you feel your best so you can perform your best!