Chiropractic Radiology In Leawood, Kansas
When you come to see your chiropractor in Leawood for gentle (no twist) chiropractic care, your doctor may order one or a series of x-ray studies to enhance your treatments. Whether you were involved in an auto accident and suffered a neck injury, or you have had chronic joint pain, there are a number of reasons why your chiropractor may consider recommending you for diagnostic imaging. The great thing about having our chiropractic radiologist in-house, is that everything can be taken care of under one roof. From taking the x-rays to examining the x-rays and generating a report of our findings, Dr. Jeff is skilled, experienced, and passionate about helping determine the root cause of your pain to help you heal quickly and efficiently.
WHY DOES HAVING ON-SITE RADIOLOGY MATTER?
We are proud to offer in-house radiology to our patients. X-ray is an invaluable tool that we have in our office. It allows us to see how the body is wearing and tearing and functioning overall, to view any long-term damage that has occurred in the spine (arthritis), and, of course, to identify any contraindications you may have to treatment. It also allows us to better identify any areas that should be avoided, and most importantly, it helps to highlight the area that needs more concentration of treatment. Every once in a while, x-rays help us identify a more severe condition that warrants a medical referral so we can get our patient where they need to be on the medical system.
Most offices have to send their x-rays out for reading which delays the first treatment for days or even weeks! We are very happy to have everything we need right here in our office, allowing us to speed up the time between diagnosis and first treatment. This is a valuable tool in the diagnostic process.
“HOW DOES CHIROPRACTIC RADIOLOGY WORK IN OUR OFFICE?
An x-ray is a completely noninvasive medical test which helps our chiropractors diagnose your spinal condition and map out an effective treatment plan for each patient. Radiologic imaging allows us to produce pictures of your spine. No special preparation is needed with the exception that we ask you to remove all metal from the area we wish to image, which may include jewelry, glasses, belts, or anything that we feel may interfere with your images. It is unlikely that you will need to remove any clothing but if it is necessary you will be given privacy and a gown.
During your x-ray, you will be asked to position the part of your body that we intend to image. We will ask that you remain still and will instruct you in your breathing should it need to be controlled. It only takes a few seconds for your x-ray to be taken.
WHAT ARE INDICATIONS FOR CHIROPRACTIC X-RAYS?
There are many reasons why x-rays are part of your diagnostic process at Adjust Your Health Chiropractic, but here are a few of the most important reasons to take chiropractic x-rays prior to your treatment with us:
- If you have had any trauma to the body such as a fall or a car accident.
- If you have an underlying infection. Especially one that won’t heal or is taking longer than normal to heal.
- If any significant disease is suspected, especially cancer or a possible tumor.
- If any joint disease is suspected. The most common example is Degenerative Disc Disease.
- If you are over the age of 50 and had any minor trauma, even things that may not seem significant at first glance.
- If you are over the age of 65 years of age.
- If you are at risk or have been diagnosed with osteopenia or osteoporosis.
- If we suspect any spinal instability; the most common example is a Spondylolisthesis.
- And most importantly, because we see a lot of this in our office, if you have had long-lasting pain that hasn’t responded to previous treatment that took place outside our office.
Contact Adjust Your Health To Learn More
If you have questions about our x-ray services, please do not hesitate to call us. For your convenience, we are located at 4953 W 135th Street in Leawood, Kansas. Feel free to call us at (913) 681-7757 to speak to our chiropractic radiologist, or reach out to us online. At Adjust Your Health Chiropractic, we want to target and treat the specific pain you’re experiencing so we can help you find long-lasting relief.