Electro-Acupuncture In Leawood, Kansas
Electro-acupuncture is the safe, noninvasive way to stimulate your body’s own healing abilities to help you manage pain and relieve discomfort caused by a number of injuries and conditions. As your trusted chiropractor in Leawood, we take a natural approach to healing and wellness care. That’s why we’re proud to offer this proven effective treatment to relieve pain and treat injuries, so you can feel better, move better, and continue doing the things you love most.
WHAT IS ELECTRO-ACUPUNCTURE?
By definition, electro-acupuncture is the application of a pulsating electrical current to an acupuncture point on the body. It was originally developed in China in 1934 as an extension of traditional needling or acupuncture. It has since become much more advanced and has evolved into a highly sought-after and extremely effective form of pain relief and control.
At Adjust Your Health Chiropractic, we apply a gentle electric current stimulus to the acupuncture point that results in excellent pain control for our patients. Both of our chiropractors, Dr. Christina and Dr. Jeff, are certified acupuncturists after they each obtained their fellowship in acupuncture through the American Society of Acupuncture. No-needle acupuncture is a wonderful complement to your chiropractic care, or it can be done independently as well.
ELECTRO-ACUPUNCTURE VS. TRADITIONAL NEEDLES
The main benefits of using electric stimulation vs. traditional needles include:
- Electro-acupuncture helps reduce total treatment time by providing continued stimulus. As a favorite treatment among our patients, you will receive extremely high-quality treatments in a shorter treatment time. This allows higher compliance with recommended treatment plans and in turn a very high success rate.
- This type of acupuncture treatment can provide a stronger stimulation, if needed, without causing any tissue damage associated with twirling a traditional needle. Stronger stimulation may be needed and highly beneficial in more difficult cases or neuralgia or chronic pain.
- It is easier to control the frequency of the stimulus and the amount of that stimulus than with traditional needles.
- Many insurance providers will cover electro-acupuncture therapy, whereas traditional needles are not usually covered.
- Our patient favorite: NO NEEDLES!
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM ELECTRO-ACUPUNCTURE?
Almost all of our current patients receive this treatment and for good reason… IT WORKS!
The majority of our patients receive electro-acupuncture for pain control and prevention, but you may be surprised to know that it also works wonders for problems such as:
- Seasonal or year-round sinus congestion
- Sleep disturbances
- Headaches and Migraines
Electro-acupuncture is also a safe and highly effective treatment for:
- Sports injuries
- Work injuries
- Auto injuries
- Acute and chronic muscle tension
- Soreness, aches, and stiffness
- Joint pain
- Nerve-related pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Degenerative conditions
- Immune boost
- And so much more!
Contact Your Top Rated Local® Acupuncturist in Leawood
Are you ready to experience the many benefits of electro-acupuncture? We’re excited to share this beneficial treatment with our patients in Leawood, Overland Park, Lenexa, Olathe, and Shawnee! Contact us today to arrange a consultation for needleless acupuncture, and let our acupuncturists help you find your healthiest self. Our chiropractic office is conveniently located at 4953 W. 135th Street in Leawood, so come visit us today!