Expert Electro-Acupuncture Treatments
WHAT IS ELECTRO-ACUPUNCTURE?
By definition, electro-acupuncture is the application of a pulsating electrical current to an acupuncture point on the body. It was developed originally in China in 1934 as an extension of traditional needling or acupuncture. It has since become much more advanced and has evolved into a highly sought-after and extremely effective form of pain relief and control.
Both Dr. Christina and Dr. Jeff are certified acupuncturists after they both obtained their fellowship in acupuncture through the American Society of Acupuncture.
At Adjust Your Health Chiropractic, we apply a gentle electric current stimulus to the acupuncture point that results in excellent pain control for our patients. It is a wonderful compliment to your chiropractic care or can be done independently as well.
ELECTRO-ACUPUNCTURE VS. TRADITIONAL NEEDLES
The main benefits of using the electric stimulation vs. traditional needles include:
1. Electro-acupuncture helps reduce total treatment time by providing continued stimulus. This is a fan favorite with our patient base. Our patients receive an extremely high quality treatment in a short treatment time. This allows higher compliance with recommended treatment plans and in turn a very high success rate.
2. It can provide a stronger stimulation, if needed, without causing any tissue damage associated with twirling a traditional needle. Stronger stimulation may be needed and highly beneficial in more difficult cases or neuralgia or chronic pain.
3. It is easier to control the frequency of the stimulus and the amount of that stimulus than with traditional needles.
4. It is very often covered by your insurance company whereas traditional needles are not.
5. Our patient favorite: NO NEEDLES!
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM ELECTRO-ACUPUNCTURE?
Almost all of our current patients receive this treatment and for good reason… IT WORKS!
The majority of our patients receive electro-acupuncture for pain control and prevention, but you may be surprised to know that it also works wonders for problems such as anxiety, trouble sleeping (a fan favorite), stress, allergies, congestion and so much more!