In-house Radiology Services
WHY DOES HAVING ON-SITE RADIOLOGY MATTER?
We are proud to offer in-house radiology to our patients. X-ray is an invaluable tool that we have in our office. It allows us to see how the body is wearing and tearing and functioning overall, to view any long-term damage that has occurred in the spine (arthritis), and of course to identify any contraindications you may have to treatment. It also allows us to better identify any areas that should be avoided, and most importantly it helps to highlight the area that needs more concentration of treatment. Every once in awhile it catches a more severe condition that warrants a medical referral so we can get our patient where they need to be on the medical system.
Most offices have to send their x-rays out for reading which delays the first treatment for days and sometimes weeks! We are happy to have all of this under one roof speeding up the time between diagnosis and first treatment and well has helping to provide an amazingly valuable tool in the diagnostic process.
HOW DOES CHIROPRACTIC RADIOLOGY WORK IN OUR OFFICE?
An x-ray is a completely non-invasive medical test which helps chiropractors diagnose your spinal condition and map out an effective treatment plan for each patient. Radiologic imaging will allow us to produce pictures of your spine. No special preparation is needed with the exception that we ask you to remove all metal from the area we wish to image. It is unlikely that you will need to remove any clothing but if it is necessary you will be given privacy and a gown. You may also be asked to remove some jewelry, glasses, belts, or anything that we feel may interfere with your images.
During your x-ray you will be asked to position the part of your body we intend on imaging. You may be asked to remain still and we will instruct you in your breathing should be controlled or not. It only takes a few seconds for your x-ray to be taken.
WHAT ARE INDICATIONS FOR CHIROPRACTIC X-RAYS?
There are many reasons why x-rays are part of your diagnostic process at Adjust Your Health Chiropractic, but here are a few of the most important reasons to take a chiropractic x-rays prior to your treatment with us:
- If you have had any trauma to the body such as a fall or a car accident.
- If you have an underlying infection. Especially one that won’t heal or is taking longer than normal to heal.
- If any significant disease is suspected. Especially cancer or a possible tumor.
- If any joint disease is suspected. The most common example is Degenerative Disk Disease.
- If you are over the age of 50 and had any minor trauma even things that may not seem significant at first glance.
- If you are over the age of 65 years of age.
- If you are at risk or been diagnosed with osteopenia or osteoporosis
- If we suspect any spinal instability. The most common example is a Spondylolisthesis.
- And most importantly, because we see a lot of this in our office, if you have had long-lasting pain that hasn’t responded to previous treatment that took place outside our office.